- complete, from scratch setup on gentoo
- DONE smb.conf generation
- DONE slapd.conf generation
- DONE ldap.conf generation
- DONE (via installing common configs) ssh-based setup of linux ldap_nss and pam_ldap (using distro specific in redhat's case, and in main ()
- DONE smbldap.conf generation
- DONE GUI setup utility (requires kommander)
- better default security, and a wizard to handle that (based upon kommander most likely)
- testers testing it... hopefully lots
- Support for samba 3*
- Support for samba 3's backwards schema compatibility (for use with those based upon 2.2)*
- kommander based gui for almost everything.
- Schema based sloppyadm configuration of workstations
- Being worked on: The ability to edit all the options via gui, and possibly a 'proper' qt based gui, becase kommander as nice as it is has some limitations (which I think will be fixed)
- A way to have windows clients joined to the domain without any need for physically accessing the windows machine.
- People using distros other than gentoo and redhat (and people using them as well)
Anyone willing to help please email people (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*This should be easy because this is more of a meta project than anything else, and relies on smbldap tools which should be updated!